|5/5/17||The Ramada||5555 Financial Plaza||Shreveport, LA.|
|5/12/17||The Crown Plaza||4728 Constitution Ave.||Baton Rouge, LA.|
|5/19/17||The Ramada||2032 NE Evangeline Thruway.||Lafayette, LA.|
|5/26/17||The Doubletree||2150 Veterans Blvd.||Kenner, LA.|
Regular Registration: $80.00
On-Site Registration: $90.00 (seating is limited)
Premium Club Members: $65.00
PRESENTER: John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe challenges to maintaining confidentiality that have come about due to social media and other forms of electronic media.
- Discuss confidentiality concerns relative to new legal mandates such as HIPAA, recent legal precedents, etc.
- Design and discuss a protocol for informing clients about the limits of confidentiality in the present cultural/legal environment.
- Plan ways to ensure the maintenance of confidentiality in spite of present challenges
8:00 a.m. — 8:30 a.m. — Registration
8:30 a.m. — 10:00 a.m.
- List and discuss new challenges to confidentiality, especially stemming from social media, electronic communications, and emerging technologies
- The impact of HIPAA, legal rulings, etc., on our ability to maintain confidentiality
10:00 a.m. — 10:15 a.m. — Break
- What promises can be made about confidentiality – how can you reassure your clients while telling the truth
- Ways to maximize the chance that confidentiality promises will be honored.
11:45 am — Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (3 CE’s):
- Psychologist–Professional Training Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for this program and it’s content.”
- Social Workers (NASW 3 ethics hours ) –This program has been approved for 3 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
- LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
- Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC) — approved by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) for 3 clock hours.
- Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 3 clock hours topic.
- School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
- Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.