- This event has passed.
Cluster B – The Squeaky Wheels – Psychopathy/Narcissism/Borderline
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for the four Cluster B Disorders: APD, BPD, NBD, and HPD.
- Differentiate and explain how “psychopathy” differs from APD
- Discuss variants of psychopathy
- Explain antisocial personality disorder and psychopathy in children and adolescents – assessment and critical questions
- List suggestions for spotting patients with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and discuss ways to cope with their behavioral patterns
- Demonstrate and discuss Cluster B disorders in women
- Summarize the role of emotional dysregulation in Borderline Personality Disorder
- Assess and critique treatment options for each of the Cluster B Personality Disorders
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for Cluster B Disorders
Antisocial Personality/Conduct Disorder and Psychopathy
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Break
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Variants of psychopathy
APD/Psychopathy in children and adolescents
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Spotting Narcissistic Personality Disorder and traits
Coping with Narcissism
Cluster B Disorders and women
2:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Borderline personality disorder and the regulation of emotions
Treatment suggestions for patients with Cluster B disorders
4:00 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (6 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for this program and it’s content.”
Social Workers (NASW 6 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 6 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC) — approved by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) for 6 clock hours.
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 6 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.