December 2 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pm$95.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Discuss the causes of depression, including biological factors, genetic factors, family environment, learning, etc.
- Analyze and utilize recent research findings relative to depression
- Describe how depressive disorders are diagnosed in children and adults and how childhood depression differs from adult depression
- Explain outcome literature on the treatment of depression in adults and children
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Current empirical knowledge about the cause of depression
- Genetic predisposition of depression and mood disorders in general
- Diagnostic criteria for depression/differential diagnosis
- Recent research on depression – the last ten years
- Depression since Covid
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Dysthymia and its relationship to Major Depressive Disorder
- Diagnosis of depression in children and adolescents
- Depression in the elderly – is it different?
- Evidence-based treatment protocols for depression
- Anti-depressants vs. psychotherapy; which is better, are both best?
- Treatments for depression that have not been found to be effective
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
P.T.R. has been made aware that various licensing authorities have made changes to continuing education requirements secondary to the COVID crisis. While we have made efforts to accommodate those changes, please recognize that individual circumstances suggest that each professional should confirm that specific regulations are satisfied.
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Licensed Professional Counselors – Professional Training Resources, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5829. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Professional Training Resources, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.