DIDACTICS IN THERAPY/WEBINAR
April 9 @ 9:00 am - 1:05 pm$80.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe the professional literature as it relates to utilizing a didactic approach in offering therapy to children and adults.
- List and explain recent studies that support various teaching methods that have been found to be effective in therapy.
- Design treatment plans utilizing bibliotherapy, internet resources, writing exercises, etc., as useful adjuncts to traditional psychotherapy
- Explain specific examples of how didactic approaches are utilized for anger management, problem-solving, stress-reduction, and other maladies.
- Critique the use of specific evidence-based and manualized treatment paradigms for examples of major diagnostic groups in children and adults.
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. — Sign-In to the webinar
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Review of the scientific literature
- Overview of didactic approaches to therapy
- Teaching interventions with children
- Teaching interventions with adolescents and adults
- The scientific basis for using a didactic model
10:30 a.m. – 10:35 a.m. — break
10:35 a.m. – 1:05 p.m.
- Examples of important studies
- Designing treatment plans utilizing various teaching methods
- Anger management, problem-solving
- Social skills, Intimate partner violence
- Parenting, Stress-reduction
- Evidence-based and manualized treatment
- Critique and suggestions for use
1:05 p.m. — Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and it’s content.”
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 6 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.