DISTANCE THERAPY: EVIDENCED BASED??
April 14, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pmFree – $95.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Explain what distance therapy is, how it is practiced, and how widely it is being utilized.
- Analyze extant outcome literature on the effectiveness of distance therapy delivery.
- Critique controversies surrounding the practice of distance therapy.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of distance therapy services.
- Compare and assess effective distance therapy practices and those that are less effective.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Distance therapy – what it is, and what it is not
- Who, What, When, Where of distance therapy
- Brief analysis of ethics relating to distance therapy
- Distance therapy and evidence for effectiveness
- Outcome literature – overlap with literature secondary to COVID
- Harmful outcomes, potential and real, of distance therapy
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Distance therapy controversies – is there generational resistance
- What is lost, and what is gained in doing distance therapy
- Distance therapy – do ends justify means?
- The evolution of distance therapies
- Distance therapies – what works, what seems not to work
- Legal liabilities and distance therapies
- Distance therapies – are they here to stay?
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
P.T.R. has been made aware that various licensing authorities have made changes to continuing education requirements secondary to the COVID crisis. While we have made efforts to accommodate those changes, please recognize that individual circumstances suggest that each professional should confirm that specific regulations are satisfied.
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Licensed Professional Counselors – Professional Training Resources, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5829. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Professional Training Resources, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.