- This event has passed.
DSM-5-TR: INVISIBLE SECTIONS
March 10 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pm$95.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe the DSM-5-TR “Basics” chapter and discuss important information contained in this section.
- Demonstrate various but little-known conventions in making a DSM-5-TR diagnosis as outlined in the section titled “Use of the Manual”.
- Discuss the need for caution in using DSM-5 for forensic purposes.
- List and describe assessment measures, the impact of culture, and alternative models for personality disorders.
- Critique and describe conditions for further study.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- The invisible sections – what are they and why we should read them
- “Basics” of DSM – development of a new DSM – how it works
- Organizational structure, key concepts, culture, discrimination
- How to use the manual – subtypes/specifiers, other/unspecified – what it all means
- Can we still use clinical judgment
- Coding and Recording Procedures
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- DSM-5-TR and legal matters – cautions and warnings
- Assessment measures, the good, bad, and ugly
- Culture and race – impact on diagnoses
- What happened to Axis II disorders – emerging trends in personality disorders
- Conditions for further study – which ones will make it to the big leagues?
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
P.T.R. has been made aware that various licensing authorities have made changes to continuing education requirements secondary to the COVID crisis. While we have made efforts to accommodate those changes, please recognize that individual circumstances suggest that each professional should confirm that specific regulations are satisfied.
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Licensed Professional Counselors – Professional Training Resources, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5829. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Professional Training Resources, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.
I would like to register for DSM 5-Tr. Invisible Sections.
No problem just go to the home page and click on the title and register there. if you have problems let me know.