- This event has passed.
Encouraging Emotional Health: Getting Things Back to Normal/Webinar
June 25 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$80.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Predict what mental health professionals and their clients will need, post health crisis, to most effectively return to a sense of greater security and well-being.
- Explain what the positive psychology movement has taught us about increasing subjective well-being in the midst of extreme stressors
- Discuss what the scientific literature says about who is content, and why
- Analyze how character, virtue, talents and values impact a person’s sense of well-being
- Explain how expressing gratitude, forgiveness, and mindfulness contribute to subjective well-being
- Compile interventions to increase security in yourself and your clients through social connections, managing stress, maintaining health, etc.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. — Registration- Sign in
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- What MH should provide as Covid-19 problems resolve
- Returning to stability and predictability
- Recommendations resulting from positive psychology studies
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. — break
10:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Empirical evidence for the elements that make up subjective well-being
- Impact of character, virtue, and personal assets on subjective well-being.
12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. — break
12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Interventions designed to facilitate an increase in personal security, self-confidence, and subjective satisfaction
- Utilizing gratitude, learning how to forgive, practicing mindfulness in efforts to improve subjective well-being
- Emphasize importance of social connections and maintaining physical health.
1: 00 p.m. — Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and it’s content.”
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 3 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.