April 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 11:45 am$60.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe the responsibilities, across all mental health disciplines, of supervisors and outline important elements of the supervisory relationships
- Explain methods and models of supervision utilized within all of the major mental health professional groups
- Discuss ethical concerns regarding supervision along with the legal and professional implications of ethical guidelines
- Plan how a supervisor should handle crises brought by a supervisee
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Supervision responsibilities: education, guidance, gatekeeping, enculturation
- Methods and models of supervision
- Discussions of supervision across ethical codes for mental health professionals
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.
- Legal requirements for supervision
- Differences in mental health professions regarding supervisory practices
- Ethical crises and dilemmas relating to supervision
- Specific techniques aimed at ensuring effective supervision
11:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (3 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
Social Workers (NASW 3 ethics hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 3 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Rehabilitation Counselors – All programs noted above have been pre-approved by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC).
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.