May 5 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pm$80.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe the most common ethical questions asked locally by mental health professionals in all disciplines.
- Discuss conceptualize ethical questions in a systematic way, with specific attention paid to the differences between professions.
- Utilize a stepwise process, in developing answers to the most typical ethical questions posed across professions.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Common ethical questions recently asked in Louisiana
- Ethics – are they different for different MH professions?
- Systematic ways to analyze and answer ethical questions
- Ethical codes – subtle and major implications in different codes of ethics
- Consultation – the importance of staying within one’s profession
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Examples of working through ethical dilemmas
- What to do when there are no “good” answers
- Never worry alone
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (3 CE’s):
P.T.R. has been made aware that various licensing authorities have made changes to continuing education requirements secondary to the COVID crisis. While we have made efforts to accommodate those changes, please recognize that individual circumstances suggest that each professional should confirm that specific regulations are satisfied.
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers (NASW 3 ethics hours) –This program has been approved for 3 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Licensed Professional Counselors – Professional Training Resources, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5829. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Professional Training Resources, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 3 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.