Mental Status Examinations
March 11, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pm$95.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe the fundamental components of the Mental Status Examination
- Create a flexible template for performing mental status examinations on a variety of patient presentations
- Use mental status examination findings to inform diagnostic formulations
- Recognize the interrelationship between the client’s history and the Mental Status Examination
- Apply the routine use of mental status examinations in a manner that limits and/or reduces professional liability
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Mental Status Examinations defined
- Various formats for Mental Status Examinations
- Essential elements of Mental Status Examinations
- Formal diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder in children/adolescents
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Mental Status Examinations and Diagnoses
- The importance of taking a history
- Integrating Mental Status Examinations with written self-reports
- Using Mental Status Examinations to reduce liability
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.