- This event has passed.
Psychosis and Cognitive Impairment in the Elderly/Webinar
October 15 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pm$80.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe mental health rehabilitation for older individuals with serious mental health problems
- Compare the manifestations of coma, brain death, vegetative state, and other conditions
- Apply strategies designed to help seriously mentally ill adults effectively plan for their future
- Discuss cognitive training interventions on assessment technique
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Registration
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Myths relating to aging
- Depression and psychotic symptoms in the elderly
- Relevant information about suicide risk
- Diagnostic considerations
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Dementia in all of its forms – early signs
- Dementia as it relates to physical illnesses and conditions
- Dementia, psychosis, and depression
- Late life stressors – abuse/neglect of the elderly
- The role of hospice, palliative care, legal considerations
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Rehabilitation Counselors – All programs noted above have been pre-approved by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC).
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.