PSYCHOSIS: Early Signs and Symptoms
September 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:45 pm$95.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe onset, course, and overview of first episode psychosis
- Explain psychosis along with unique characteristics of first-episode psychosis
- List warning signs that are often evident that precede an active psychosis
- Discuss various treatment options available for first-episode psychosis
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Registration
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- What is a psychosis? When does it usually begin? What would define an “early-onset psychosis?
- Psychosis is not just schizophrenia
- Prodromal/active/residual – what does it all mean?
- Typical course of psychotic illnesses
- Atypical presentations — why is it not always the same?
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Prognosis and its relationship to onset
- Psychoses as a product of thought
- Psychoses as a product of mood
- Psychoses and medical illnesses/drugs/medication
- Initial treatment of first-episode psychotic disorders
12:45 p.m. – Adjournment
Psychologists – Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. Professional Training Resources, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Licensed Professional Counselors – Professional Training Resources, Inc. has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5829. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Professional Training Resources, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Social Workers – This program has been approved for 4 (clinical) continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Substance Abuse Counselors – approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours.
NASP – Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions – may seek apply for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance for 4 clock hours.
Leave a Comment