The Evolution of PTSD: Diagnosis and Treatment
February 12 @ 8:00 am - 12:45 pm$80.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe trauma and stress to allow for the diagnosis and treatment of stress-related disorders.
- List and explain the “Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders” as described in DSM-5
- List and explain the diagnostic criteria for PTSD and how those criteria may be applied to COVID and its aftermath
- Describe evidence-based treatments for PTSD
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Trauma definitions
- Is chronic illness enough to justify the A criteria?
- Discussion and explanation of trauma and stressor-related disorders
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- PTSD – diagnostic criteria – what it means, how to apply it accurately
- PTSD as it relates to covid, quarantine, politics, etc.
- Problems with the diagnosis of PTSD – things to watch out for
- Treatment for PTSD and stressor-related disorders
- Acute Stress Disorder and its early diagnosis
- Acute Stress Disorder as it relates to PTSD
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Rehabilitation Counselors – All programs noted above have been pre-approved by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC).
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.