Troubled Teens and Young Adults
October 15 @ 8:30 am - 12:45 pm$95.00
John C. Simoneaux, Ph.D.
- Describe the range of problems seen in teens and young adults ranging from the socially isolated to the criminally delinquent.
- Discuss epidemiological and clinical shifts that are being observed in contrast to earlier youth cohorts.
- Demonstrate innovative and creative therapeutic techniques that have promise in helping a youthful population.
- Design therapeutic approaches to maximize efficacy and compliance with therapeutic efforts.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Login
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Teens and young adults: The range of today’s problems
- Are present day struggles different/worse than before?
- Diagnoses seen in teens and young adults
- Diagnostic challenges and caveats
10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Break
10:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Therapy for teens and young adults; different challenges
- What has science told us about effective therapy
- Improving compliance of parents and youth
- Parenting/caregiving approaches for teens and young adults
12:45 p.m. Adjournment
CE APPROVALS (4 CE’s):
Psychologist–Professional Training Resources, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists. “Professional Training Resources, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
Social Workers (NASW 4 clinical hours) –This program has been approved for 4 continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
LPC’s (NBCC)– “Professional Training Resources is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider #5829 and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.”
Substance Abuse Counselor (ADRA) — approved by the Addictive Disorder Regulatory Authority for 4 clock hours topic.
School Psychologist (NASP) –Professional Training Resources is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer continuing education for school psychologists. Professional Training Resources maintains responsibility for the program.
Other Professions –may seek approval for education credits through their respective boards. Everyone in attendance will receive a certificate of attendance.